Monday 28 February 2011

Week 2

Start of week 2

Just back from the gym. Tired and starving. The gym was really busy this morning, busiest I've seen it. Mix of older people and young ones. Needless to say the young ones were all seriously fit. I felt conspicuous again.

Each time I go, I feel a bit sick at the thought of what I've done to my body, years of overeating and couch sitting have really taken their toll. I have no choice but to be faced with the evidence thanks to the huge wall mirrors behind the line of treadmills. No escaping or pretending, I am forced to acknowledge just how much damage has been done. My resolve gets a bit firmer and I'm even more determined to see the old me emerge again.

Today's efforts consisted of:

Treadmill - 20 minutes (5 min warm-up walking) run 1 min / walk 2 mins, repeated until end.
(Still not as required for the c25k prog but better than last week)

Bike - 10 minutes (5 minutes Level 1 /  5 mintes Level 2)

2 x 10 reps on each of machines pictured above. (Weight 18k)

2 x 10 reps on leg press machine

1 minute on the Stepper :o
(I just can't do this exercise, my legs crumble within seconds, I'll clearly need to build this one up slowly. I try to get off and sneak away from the machine without anyone realising just how little I managed to do. I can't wait for the day when I can use this machine with the best of them and manage to last a reasonable time on it!)

Back on treadmill for 5 minutes. Mostly walking but one fast burst of running.

All in all I spent a little over an hour at the gym today and I did a shade more than last week so I'm happy with my efforts. I feel quite good today! 0

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say a big well done!

    I`m a very similar weight to you, i got weighed this morning and i`m 15st 13lb. I lost a pound overnight.

    I used to love to excersise but now that i`m older my knees arn`t up to it. I used to run a lot in my younger days and i`m paying the price now i suppose.

    Good luck and keep it up, you sound well motivated which is usually the most difficult hurdle.

    W

    ReplyDelete