Thursday 3 March 2011

First hiccup!

Well it looks like I may have been trying to do do much too soon. My left knee felt a little sore at the start of the week and after Wednesday's lunch time visit to the gym, it felt pretty bad.

I couldn't do my usual routine on the treadmill, partly because of my knee and partly because 'brunch' clearly hadn't been eaten early enough in the day and it was still sitting heavy in my stomach. Wont make that mistake again!

I did a feeble attempt at running, then gave in and did the usual round of reps on the machines. I also added in the leg press and chest press and 5 minutes on the cross trainer/stepper.

I finally realised I was holding myself too rigidly whilst trying the cross trainer and if I shifted my weight slightly whilst stepping, it made it a whole lot easier. Doh! Funny how the most obvious things can escape you sometimes. :o

I looked into getting some sort of knee support but was advised to avoid impact exercise until I upped my fitness and/or lost some weight so I now need to avoid the treadmill and will concentrate on the bike and the cross trainer before heading to the bench machines.

Felt a wee bit fed up today as it seemed far too early to be having a set back but then again, I guess it just shows how much I need to get fit/lose weight.

Tomorrow is another day........

No comments:

Post a Comment