Wednesday 9 March 2011

Week 3

Monday's Post

I wrote an update post on Monday but it seems to have disappeared into the ether. Blogger appears to have many glitches, people are unable to leave comments also.

Anyway, the basis of Moday's post was to say a huge well done to my girl who finished her first ever 5k fun run. The 'run' turned into a 'walk' for part of it and she ended up coming 2nd last, but she finished it and I'm so proud of her. :D Her Dad also did well, finishing his 10k in good time and injury free!

I on the other hand, had a rubbish day at the gym. It became very quickly apparent that low carb = no energy for exercise. In my case anyway. I felt weak and everything I did was a huge effort. In fact I couldn't finish my usual routine, I cut short a couple of exercises and missed one out completely.  I also put a pound back on weight wise.

I've reconsidered my dieting and have decided low carbing suited me when I was a couch potato and had no need for energy but now I'm upping my exercise, I need to change what I'm eating. I think Slimming World seems to have a good reputation and many people seem happy on their plans so I'm going to give that a go now.

Wednesday's Post

Had a better day today. I've been eating 'normally' and it definitely had a beneficial effect on my gym efforts. I managed 20 mins on the cross trainer, 20 mins on the bike, 4 x 5 reps on each machine with the weights upped one level and the leg press upped to 100lbs. Tired now but I feel I've worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment